Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Giving Thanks

Man, do the holidays stress people out!  I am so thankful that I was able to buy my family gifts this year, it was a little difficult but I made it work.  We have been through so much this year that we deserved to have a great Christmas, but there are many people out there that also deserve a great Christmas, maybe more than I do, and they simply can not afford it.  So when my mom told me about three kids who wouldn't have anything under their tree this Christmas I almost cried.  I can not imagine what it must be like for a child to wake up on Christmas morning and have nothing under their tree.  When I was growing up we didn't have much but my mom always made sure that we had at least one gift under the tree.  So I went out today and got those kids a little something for Christmas, not from my family, but from Santa =).  So this holiday season, I am just so thankful that I have a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator, and that I am surrounded by family.  Happy holidays everyone, enjoy this time with your family, put material things aside and make some memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment