Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stop Spending!!!!

Oh if only it were that easy, lol. I am the first to admit that I love clothes, very very very much. Which means that I love shopping for clothes, which means that H&M is my BFF and so are Old Navy, Ross, and many other stores. I told myself at the beginning of this month that I was going to try not to buy any clothes for the whole month of March. Well that lasted for about one weekend, well actually two days because that Monday I went out and bought some clothes. I know, I know I need to learn some self control and believe me I am working on it, lol. Now I am hoping to buy a house later this year, and I only have one more credit card to pay off and then I have no more credit card debt, yay me!!!!! My next goal is to start saving, and considering what I just told you about my love of shopping for clothes, this is going to take some dedication. I know that I can do it if I really buckle down and stick to a budget :( That means no more clothes, going out to eat with friends, or going to the movies. (Side note: I am listening to my Disney station on Pandora and it just so happens that as I am writing this post about spending and saving Bare Necessities from the Jungle Book comes on, lol. I think that this is a major sign, thanks Pandora!) So with all that said, I have written down a few goals for myself, just to start, I will add to this list every time I accomplish one goal I will add another goal. Here they are:

1. Save $100 from every paycheck, no matter what!
2. Stop drinking soda (Not only is it totally horrible for my health, but I spend a ridiculous amount of money on soda)
3. Plan out my meals for the week (This will help me cut down on take out and will also be healthier for me)
4. Use coupons for everything!!!!
5. Stay on top of my school work (I only have a few months left, but lately I have been super lazy)
6. Stop buying bottled water (I also spend a ridiculous amount of money on bottled water every week)

Hopefully I can accomplish these goals and get my life together. I will keep you guys updated on my progress, I am hoping to use this blog as a way to hold myself accountable for my progress. Have a wonderful night everyone, and try to wake up in a good mood tomorrow even though its Monday lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment