Thursday, April 19, 2012

America's Oldest Teenager

Yesterday America lost a true legend and icon.  Richard Wagstaff "Dick" Clark truly changed the course of history and not just entertainment history.  American Bandstand changed history and really had a strong influence on the lives of so many people.  Dick Clark was America's boy next door, he seemed to never age and was thus given the nickname "America's Oldest Teenager".  When I heard of his passing I could not stop crying, I just kept thinking wow, this is the end of an era.  Dick Clark loved music, he loved people, and he loved bringing light to people's lives.  I would look forward to him every New Year's Eve and after he suffered a stroke the program was never the same.  But in true Dick Clark style he did not give up, he re-learned how to talk and walk and came back to New Year's Rockin' Eve.  My favorite part of the program was the countdown into the new year, Dick Clark would count down and I would count down with him.  I am so heartbroken that I never got to meet this true legend, but his memory will live on and I will never forget the impact that he had on my life.  R.I.P Dick, and know that you will NEVER be forgotten. 




No comments:

Post a Comment