Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer In The City

Summer is coming to a close and I could not be more excited.  I am NOT a fan of summer; between the heat, the mosquitoes, and my loud and obnoxious neighbors I want it to just be over with as soon as possible.  With that said summer produce is something that I actually look forward to every year and this year was no exception.  My favorite fruit this summer has to be  New Jersey peaches.  OMG!  They were so amazing this year; they were fresh, ripe, and sweet. I ate them on their own but I also added them to just about every salad I ate this summer :) Well, fall is on the horizon and I think that most people are excited about that because it has been hot all around this summer.  It's also back to school for most kiddies :)  I loved the first day of school growing up, my mom would always make pot roast with veggies and we would usually eat as soon as we got out of school because we were so hungry, lol.  School takes a lot out of you!  It was a great tradition that we kept up until we were in high school, by then we were doing our own thing, but I will always remember the first day of school dinner and how much we looked forward to it every year.  Fall brings back so many great memories for me from Halloween to Thanksgiving, it's just a great season for relaxing and enjoying the weather with some delicious soups and stews.  Food for the soul :)  Well here's to Fall!    

No comments:

Post a Comment