Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

I seriously can not believe that it is already August 1!  This summer has flown by and even with everything that has gone wrong, it has still been a pretty fun summer.  I have learned a lot this summer about myself, about life, and about who I can and can't count on.  I have really grown as a person and I am proud of myself, and I don't say that too often.  Going through this tough time has helped me to see what is really important in life.  So, I wasn't going to say this but I might as well.  I was without electricity for 2 months.  And yes that means no computer, no refrigerator, and most importantly no fans or air conditioning, lol.  It was very hard and there were times when I didn't know if I was going to make it mentally and emotionally.  The stress took a lot out of me and my family.  There were some major arguments, tears, and sweat (literally), but I think it made us stronger as a family.  Even through all of that we still tried to enjoy our summer as much as we could.  We played board games, went out to parks and took a lot of walks, and just tried to stay positive and in my opinion it worked.  We realized that things like t.v. and Internet had taken over our lives, and at first we thought we couldn't live without them.  Well we were wrong, and we really came together as a family during this tough time.  I am so proud of my family and how strong we are.  Now that we have made it through this we are using our electronics much less and its made us so much happier.  Now, on a lighter note today's Photo A Day photo is outside and because it is very gray and gloomy where I am today I have decided to use a photo of a place that I wish I was right now, lol.  For those reading this, please follow me I am trying to build some followers.  Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment