Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Kryptonite

As most super heroes do, I too have a weakness, or kryptonite if you will.  Sour candy!!!  I have been obsessed with sour candy since I was a kid and it has only gotten worse over the years.  About 5 years ago I watched Lord Of The Rings for the first time, and as anyone who has seen this trilogy knows, it goes on for hours and hours.  So there I was in my room watching Lord Of The Rings from dawn til dusk and during those hours I was eating SweeTarts.  Now knowing that I would be trying to accomplish this marathon known as the trilogy I went to the dollar store to stock up on snacks, more importantly SweeTarts.  Anyway once the trilogy was done I realized that I had eaten 3 movie size boxes of SweeTarts, other than a major sugar rush it should have been no big deal, oh but it was a big deal.  I woke up the next morning and my lips were swollen shut.  I was in so much pain that I went to my doctor, which I rarely do.  After my doc examined me, he told me that I caught a moderate allergic reaction, and that if I would have eaten any more SweeTarts my throat probably would have swelled next.  I was terrified!  I thought to myself I will never touch SweeTarts or any other sour candy ever again.  He prescribed me some strong Benadryl and sent me on my way after a stern talking to.  Well this brings me to today's Photo of the Day, it is snacks.  And the snack that I have been eating would not please my doctor, but it sure pleases me :) 



So to all those sour candy freaks out there just know that you are not alone.  Also know that I would love to get together and have a sour candy swapping party ;)  Have a great day everyone and TGIAF (thank goodness it's almost Friday)!  


No comments:

Post a Comment